Aluminum alloy is a non-ferrous metal structural material widely used in industry. Servo motor housing made of aluminum alloy is higher-end than plastic housing, with metal texture, light weight and strong plasticity. Another powerful advantage is easy heat dissipation. Widely used in aviation, aerospace, automotive, machinery manufacturing, shipbuilding and chemical industries. So how to judge the quality of the servo motor housing? Share with you: 1. Look at the oxidation: When buying, you can lightly draw on the contoured surface to see if the oxide film on the surface can be wiped off. Of course, this should not be done directly on the sample window, the owner can operate on the material supplier shown in the business.
2. Gloss: Select the servo motor casing to avoid obvious defects such as surface openings, bubbles, ash, cracks, burrs, and peeling. If the above phenomenon occurs, it can be determined as secondary processing of recycled aluminum or scrap aluminum.
3. Color: The overall color of the servo motor housing should be the same. If the color difference is noticeable, it should not be purchased. Generally, the color of the section of the aluminum casing is silver-white, and the texture is uniform. If the color is darker, you can conclude that it is made from recycled or scrap aluminum.
4. Look at the thickness: 70.90 series aluminum profiles are commonly used, and the wall thickness should be 1.2-2.0mm. The national standard for the wall thickness of aluminum profiles is 1.2mm.
5. Look at the strength: When buying, you can bend the shell moderately by hand. If the shell bends without much effort, you can be sure that the strength of the aluminum profile is not up to par. In addition, the strength of the profile is not as hard as possible. Aluminum has a certain toughness and non-hard material. Only by taking advantage of this feature, can it be forged into different shapes. Therefore, we need to look for brands and look carefully when buying.
6. Flatness: Check the surface of the servo motor housing, there is no depression or protrusion. The surface of the aluminum shell processed by regular manufacturers is smooth and bright. If it is a small workshop, due to the machine or raw materials, the surface of the shell will have slight bumps, and it is easy to oxidize and deform in the later stage.
How to maintain the servo motor housing?
Generally speaking, the surface treatment of our servo motor casing will be electrostatic spraying, which has the characteristics of reasonable design, solid structure and beautiful appearance. At the same time, it requires good electrical conductivity, abrasion resistance and heat resistance. Therefore, we also need to consider when choosing materials, but do you know how to maintain the servo motor housing? What are the advantages?
Advantages of servo motor enclosures:
1. Metal aluminum is light in weight, which can reduce the weight of the whole machine and facilitate installation and handling.
2. It is lighter in weight than iron shell, has good thermal conductivity, can be die-casted, has good plasticity, and has higher elongation than iron.
Third, the heat dissipation performance is good.
4. The casing can make the motor dissipate well. During the working process, due to the high running speed of the motor, it is necessary to release the high temperature of the motor itself. We all know that aluminum has a strong heat dissipation capacity, so we choose aluminum casing as the outer casing of the servo motor casing.
Routine maintenance of the servo motor housing is very important to reduce and avoid failures in the operation of the motor. The important link is to patrol and eliminate the root cause of any abnormal phenomenon in time.
After the accident, carefully analyzing the accident and taking countermeasures is an important technical work to reduce the number of accidents and improve the operation efficiency of the motor when repairing the stop table. Water droplets, oil stains, dust, etc. must not enter the inside of the motor, and the dust inside and outside the motor should be removed regularly.
Note that the load current must not exceed the rated value. Check the bearing for heating and oil leakage, especially oiling according to regulations. The temperature rise of the motor must not exceed the rated value. Therefore, you should be familiar with and master some maintenance skills in use:
1. When the thermal protection of the aluminum shell motor runs continuously, it should be found that the fault comes from the aluminum shell motor or the overload or the setting value of the protection device is too low, and then it can be put into operation.
2. The operating environment should always be kept dry, the surface of the servo motor housing should be kept clean, and the air inlet should not be obstructed by dust, fibers, etc.
3. When the bearing life ends, the vibration and noise of motor operation will increase significantly. When the bearing radial clearance reaches the following value, the bearing should be replaced.
4. Make sure that the aluminum casing motor is well lubricated during operation. Generally, the motor runs for about 5000 hours, that is, the grease is replenished or replaced. When the bearing is overheated or the lubrication is deteriorated, the hydraulic pressure should be replaced with the grease in time.
Although the casing of the servo motor is generally sturdy and wear-resistant, the editor believes that attention should also be paid to the daily maintenance process, which can effectively prolong its service life and save costs.
Address：No. 21, 3rd Road, Sanjiang Industrial Zone, Hengli Town, Dongguan City